- Causes of change and change control system 1.Read the following chapters in Cost and Value Management in Projects:
- Chapter 9: Change Control and Configuration Management
- Read the contents on the Scope and Change Control website, which provides a review of key concepts in change control with case studies and graphs to coincide with the readings and discussions for the week.
DiscussionsTo participate in the following discussions, go to this week’s Discussion link in the left navigation.
- Causes of ChangeChoose any four ‘causes’ of change within a project in table 9.1 in the text. Provide a project example and scenario, and describe the impact of each change. Was there a level of change control in the project examples that tracked ownership, documentation and approval of these changes? Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
- Change Control System The identification of all changes to a project is only the first step for ensuring a control system is in place. Describe the detailed steps you would implement for your project to ensure an entire change control process is in place. Consider the following topics in your answer: documentation, analysis, approval and implementation. Why is the baseline configuration important to this topic? Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.